Google Tag

Monday 29 August 2016

The Arrangement - Facing The Past



I've been enjoying the debut album from East Lansing's The Arrangement. Facing The Past is a great reminder that it's not only revival 60's bands playing great garage psych.



I hear plenty of comparisons amongst the 11 songs here. From Freakbeat to Surf, Dillinger Escape Plan to Stooges and The Strokes.

I first came across them via four tracks sent to me via Music Submit. I'm delighted that the subsequent album reveals even more of their promise.

All four band members write and sing, perhaps explaining the mix of sounds. Chris Smith tells me that they are planning to add keyboards which makes them even more interesting. Their influences also dictate some of the sound from Led Zeppelin and The Doors to The Beatles And The Beach Boys.




You can find out more about the band via their facebook page here. Their debut album can be bought at their bandcamp site here. Well worth a punt at 7 dollars.

I'm looking forward to see The Arrangement's development in months and years to come.


2 comments:

  1. like the sound of this don,if the cramps did powerpop............. you`re costing me a fortune :D

    ReplyDelete