Google Tag

Saturday 17 December 2016

Somerdale - Merry Christmas Time



There's been a lot of great singles and EP's over the last month or so. I'm currently in the midst of compiling a big I Do Hear A Single post that may even stretch into two parts. People who know me, know that I'm not a great lover of Christmas singles, I find most unnecessary, bland tosh or rubbish covers.

However, I've pulled out and separated this for two reasons. Firstly, Somerdale have had a fantastic year. I delight in how the Shake It Maggie album is being received. It's one of the great albums of the year and you can read my thoughts here.

Secondly, this Christmas single is a hark back to the classic Glam Rock Christmas singles of the 70's.




Everything about it is totally charming. The arrangement is beautifully reminiscent of my teenage years. The guitar riff, the hand claps, the harmonies. Everything falls wonderfully into place. The first time I heard this, it brought a great big smile to my face, not an easy thing to do.

You can buy it for under a pound from Amazon or Apple.



No comments:

Post a Comment